HOME FREE-BIKER   Index du Forum

HOME FREE-BIKER
balades, hébergements , hôtels, restaurants, gites d'étape, chambres d'hôte, bars, campings pour les motards

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Are car Engine and Transmission mounts important?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    HOME FREE-BIKER Index du Forum -> home free-biker -> forum discussion
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sebastian

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Mai - 12:59 (2018)    Sujet du message: Are car Engine and Transmission mounts important? Répondre en citant

Hi,

I have had my 1997 Dodge Neon for about a year and a half now. For the past year, I noticed that if I hit the gas hard from a complete stop such as at a red-light, stop sign, or pulling out of a parking spot my car rumbles violently out of first gear, once the car goes into second gear everything is fine.
I asked several people and they all thought it was probably 'gear-grindage' and the transmission was slipping in first gear. I ignored the problem because I did not want to pay for a new transmission after I already put a new engine in the car. 
I recently went to Midas and got two new front rotors and two new front brake pads. After the new parts were put on the mechanic took the car for a test drive to ensure the brakes were working properly; when he came back he asked me if I noticed the car jumping when you hit the gas semi-hard to hard and I said yes and that I've had the problem for over a year. He said it was the Engine and transmission mounts and not first gear. He said he could replace the two engine mounts and transmission mounts for me for about $300.00USD including parts and labor. I told him that I would have to think about it.
Now, there is no question that the car rumbles violently and that it could be fixed by replacing the engine and transmission mounts. The mechanic even took me under the lift and showed me the fucked up mounts that needed to be replaced. $300.00USD is much better than paying $1,500.00USD - $2,000.00USD to replace the transmission. I can deal with rumbling out of first because I drive on the highway as much as possible and avoid the streets so I am usually in 2nd or 3rd gear at all times anyway. 
Can my engine get fucked up or can my car break down if my mounts aren't holding down the engine properly? I want to avoid putting any more money into this car than I already have. I just want to know if I can continue driving my car safely and reliably? My mounts are so fucked up that my engine is literally jumping out in first gear. If I ease onto the gas pedal into second gear the car is usually fine and is perfect on the highway. 

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=824597
Mobile Teaser Video

Thank you.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Mai - 12:59 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    HOME FREE-BIKER Index du Forum -> home free-biker -> forum discussion Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation