HOME FREE-BIKER   Index du Forum

HOME FREE-BIKER
balades, hébergements , hôtels, restaurants, gites d'étape, chambres d'hôte, bars, campings pour les motards

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Curse of the new motorcycle

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    HOME FREE-BIKER Index du Forum -> home free-biker -> forum discussion
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sebastian

MessagePosté le: Sam 16 Juin - 14:53 (2018)    Sujet du message: Curse of the new motorcycle Répondre en citant

HI,

Frak. So Apparently I have fallen victim to the curse of the new bike. Two weeks ago, I got a 2006 Suuki V-strom 650 that I found on Craigslist. Nice bike, very happy with it. Unfortunately I, like two of my friends before me, never put down my first bike somehow but now have dropped my new bike in the parking lot this morning. Fortunately I was at a standstill so the damage was minimal. But it was a pretty stupid thing that I did.
So this morning I rode in and found a little spot on the concrete pad all of the motorcycles park on. I stopped the bike, put down the kickstand, but then decided I didn't quite like where I had parked, so I scooted it forward a little ways. I must have flipped the kickstand back up with either my foot or the ground because when I started to get off the bike, it started to fall over. It wasn't too hard of a fall, but I had no chance of recovering it as I was already swinging my other leg over by the time I noticed anything was wrong. I rolled out of the way somehow because it didn't land on me. Another rider ran over to make sure I was ok, and helped me stand it back up.
The damage: the left turn signal is broken, but its not much worse than that. I have handguards which actually seem to have a hidden feature... the handguard on that side seems like it took most of the hit. It is all scuffed up, although not broken. There were some scratches from the previous owner on that side panel anyway, so I don't know if I added more or not. (If I did, it wasn't much).
Anyway could have been a lot worse, just very annoying. Why couldn't I have dropped the old crappy bike instead of the new hotness? Why oh why didn't I check to make sure the bike was really holding itself up before I got off?Anyone else have the new bike curse problem, or are me and my friends just idiots or something?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=106967
Biotechnology Solution Example

Thank you.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 16 Juin - 14:53 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    HOME FREE-BIKER Index du Forum -> home free-biker -> forum discussion Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation